Friday, March 26, 2010

Hypothetical Situations

One of my evening classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:20-7:20 consists of 9, 13 year old girls.  These girls can be very loud and can be obnoxious, at times.  Today, during class we had to go through a list of several hypothetical situations, and we had to make up our own answers.  The situations started off simple, but as we went on, we were required to make our own answers.  The first few were simple.  "If you were on a crowded bus and you saw an old woman standing, would you give her her seat?"  These questions then turned into more imaginative ones such as, "If you were invisible, what would you do?"  These girls, to me, had some hilarious answers.  While there were a host of strangely humerous answers, I only chose a handful (as my memory permits) to share.  Keep in mind that these are all girls.

me: "If you won a million dollars in the lottery, what would you do with it?"
student a: "I would buy everything in the world..."
me: "That's impossible. A million dollars is not that much if you want to do that."
student a: "I would buy everything I want."
me: "What if you want something that's more than a million dollars?"
student a: ".....I would buy a computer."

me: "If you could travel back in time, where would you want to go?"
student c: "I would want to go back to when I was 1."
me: "Really?  You could travel to any time in history.  You could travel to see the dinosaurs or live during the Jaeson dynasty.  You would really want to go back to when you were 1?"
student c: "Ok ok I would want to go back and see the dinosaurs."
me: "What would you do once you saw them?"
student c: "I would find a tyrannasar and (in a boxing motion) fight it."
me: "You would want to travel back in time to box a T-Rex?"
student c: "Teacher, how old are you?"

me: "If you had any superpower in the world, what would you do?"
student b: "I would punch Peter Teacher."
me: "That's the first thing you would do?"
student b: "Then I would fly."

me: "Ok, if you were able to turn invisible, and could do anything you want, what would you do?"
student d: "I would travel to Boston to see my cousin."
me: "But you would be invisible, he wouldnt' know you were there!"
student d: "That's ok, I would just play with myself."

No comments: