Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Washing Machine

Our humble abode just got an upgrade.  The story goes like this.  Yesterday before school we were doing some laundry.  A certain Peter Freeburg, prior to his departure, observed a raging river scampering across the floor in desperate attempts to flee its duty washing our soiled linen and sought refuge somewhere else.  To no avail, I desecrated the waters feeble attempts with a towel.  The washing machine proved more resilient relieving itself of the contained fluid than I had hoped.

Listen, I didn't want any trouble.  Clearly out manned, out witted and late for school, I decided to abandon all efforts.  I skirted along to school and told Ann (our boss's wife//boss) of my woes in a trembling voice filled with anxiety and fear.

Ann, observing the fears and trepidations in my stammering voice told me she'd take a look at it.  I'm presuming that it's just an old, leaky hose and figured I'd have to figure out how to replace it on my own.  Nay, two hours later Ann said she was going to buy us a new one and it'd be installed the next morning.  Wow, that was fast.  This morning a man came, woken us (me) up from a slumber.  It's always embarrassing to have someone walk in on you when you're sleeping, so I threw on some shorts and shirt and scrambled to make the bed while Kelly opened the door.  15 minutes later he left.  It's a nice machine and even has flowers imprinted on it.  As Ann says "it's cute".

1 comment:

Mr. Erik Johnson said...

That's what I'm talking about, baby!