Friday, November 26, 2010

Recent Blunders



This past weekend I was able to feature my blog on Arirang TV (more on this later).  While I waited for the camera crew in a subway to do the shoot, my bowels overcame me.   I dashed in long strides to the bathroom.  I had my camera backpack, with a pocket specifically for laptops (this is important to mention).  I did not want to expose any part of my backpack to the grotesque, volatile floor of the public bathroom, so I did what anyone else would do...  I hung my bag on the hook on the back of the stall door.  Not but two minutes later, the backpack came hurtling to the ground like a meteor in our atmosphere.  I finished in the bathroom and ran outside, ripped open my backpack to assess damages.  Ironically, the much  more expesive and insured camera was perfectly fine.   Phew.   The computer that I just bought last year, however (note one of  my first blog entries talking about when I got the Vaio), had  a shattered screen.

I've sent this past week in turmoil over the potential costs of getting that thing fixed.  We haven't been able to see our complete dependence on our computer until it was taken away from us.  We are now plotting our next move.  Keep your fingers crossed that we make a financially wise decision.

No comments: