Friday, December 03, 2010

To the curb with the broken.

As been stated before, Kel and I recently bought a Macbook Pro at our own expense this past Monday.  As you can see from the pictures below, our Vaio (to which I grew fond of in the past year) looks like it got caught in the middle of a fight between Wolverine and Magneto.  The upper right is completely shattered with some tastefully placed cracks throughout the entire monitor.

Luckily the computer is still functional.  With enough squinting and patience, you can access files on the Vaio.  I've utilized the fantastic online program "Dropbox" to where I uploaded most of our files that were not pictures, videos or music.  I also backed everything up on my external hard drive and was able to put it on our Mac (which we hope to get it back off because I have over 100GB of pictures alone).  We do indeed plan on keeping this computer.  Once we get home we hope to buy an external monitor and use it like a desktop.  For now, however, it serves no functional purpose while living and traveling Asia.

I never thought I'd go Mac but I've got to be totally honest in saying these are so much fun to have.  Yes they are way different than PC's but once you get to learn them they are pretty fun.  I really like their hot keys.  There have been so many moments this past week where I've said "man...this is way better than PC."  

Not to say that I didn't jump on the Apple bandwagon, because if you know me I certainly hate bandwagons, but I jumped on this one and I'm having a good time.

No comments: